Who can apply – skilled immigrants
Note: We have updated the Express Entry system :
- You can now earn points for study in Canada.
- A valid job offer now only needs to be for one year, and some job offers no longer need an LMIA.
- The amount of points you get for a job offer has changed.
- You now have 90 days to apply.
- Find out more about these changes and how they may affect you.
- Skilled immigrants are chosen for their skills and ability to contribute to Canada’s economy.
Express Entry covers three of our key economic immigration programs:
- The Federal Skilled Worker Program,
- The Federal Skilled Trades Program,and
- The Canadian Experience Class.
If you are eligible to immigrate under one of the above federal immigration programs:
- We will place you in a pool with others who are also eligible,
- We will then rank you and the others using several factors,
- If you are one of the top candidates, you will get an Invitation to Apply
- If we invite you to apply,you can apply online for permanent residence.